Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our road to Goofy, part 3.

Posted by Jeremy Peck:   Part 1  Part 2

Overall I learned that your body is amazing and can adapt to a lot of punishment if you take it slow.  I now know how to train for an ultra if I should decide to go that route.  I also know how to train for a PR in the marathon.  My previous attempts were simply to finish the race.  Now I know how hard to train for a good time.  I know how important proper post run stretching is and that ice baths do help with recovery.  I also know that having a support group is tremendously important.  I have done a lot of training by myself and I don’t know if I could have done this race this first time without a group of people doing it with me.  Dave, Nick and Amy have been a great help in getting this done since so much of it was unknown territory.  None of us are concerned about finishing.  We know we will all finish.  The only unknown now is how fast we will finish.

Part 1  Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment